"Lady, we don’t even have charges for that"
is what Nicole’s arresting officer told her as she was transported to One Police Plaza following an arrest for hula-hooping in an intersection early in the morning of #S17. She recounts her experience in jail:
"We shared stories, everyone having a good laugh … We stood shoulder to shoulder forming our own ‘Pee-poles Wall’ singing ‘Solidari-pee Forever’ whenever a sister had to use the facilities. It’s amusing to me that after all this time the NYPD still thinks arrest will drive us away from the movement. Some of the strongest bonds I have made since coming to Occupy have been forged in a jail cell."
11 Notes/ Hide
- thoughtsfromthewindowsill likes this
- mightyfay likes this
- writersarea likes this
- pandahspunk likes this
- fucking-space likes this
- idlnmclean reblogged this from realworldnews
- nevetoss reblogged this from realworldnews
- realworldnews reblogged this from occupiedstories
- dance-beneath-the-diamond-sky reblogged this from occupiedstories
- thatthinginyourshoe reblogged this from occupiedstories
- occupiedstories posted this